Thursday, April 19, 2012

First Trip to Germany

Hello,





I am planning on visiting Germany for the first time this year. Does anyone have suggested itineraries of which cities I should plan to visit?





Thanks!!




|||



How much time do you have and what are your primary interests; e.g., walled cities, castles in river vallys, baroque cathedrals, the alps, North Sea ports, etc.?





Everyone has a favorite travel guide; mine is the Michelin Green Guide. It has a quick map in the front that lays out major tourist sites and has possible driving routes. You might take a look at it to see what fires your imagination.





The research is half the fun.





Regards, Gary






|||



Hi, Trikist is right - what do you want to see, do, experience? How much time do you have? Where are you flying into? Do you want to rent a car, go by bike, walk, train? What time of year are you going? There is so much to do in Germany and it really would help to have more info. Are you travelling alone?




|||



Get good books full of pictures of Germany and then visit what strikes your interest, and fill in the trip with other nearby attractions. Germany is full of wonderful places to visit, so you shouldn%26#39;t have a problem with having an interesting trip, the problem will be all you have to miss. I live in Stuttgart, and if I spent the rest of my life visiting every weekend new nearby places within a 100 mile or even 100 km radius, I would still have plenty left over to see. I am partial to southern Germany, and would recommend visiting Baden-Wuerttemberg and/or Bavaria because in addition to cultural sights, you also have mountains. You might also consider attending events like allemanic carnival, beer festivals, etc. Some of them are worth a trip for just them alone.





Plan well and you should have a fabulous trp.




|||



Thanks for the replies. You guys brought up very good questions that I%26#39;m not sure I have the answers to yet! I wasn%26#39;t sure on when to go (maybe September or October?) for about 2 weeks. I%26#39;m going to pick up a few guides to see what interests me.





Thanks very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment