Thursday, April 19, 2012

How much time for Nymphenburg?

Hello, I was hoping someone could tell me how much time one should set aside for Nymphenburg Schloss. We%26#39;ve only got two days in Munich and I want to make sure and have time to fit everything in. Thanks! :)




|||



Allowing for the streetcar ride from the city center and back, 3 hours should be enough. If you want to stay for lunch (the restaurant is quite nice), give yourself another 45 minutes.




|||



The park is also beautiful, at least if it%26#39;s warm outside. So if you visit in spring or summer, you could easily add a couple of hours for strolling around.





…bayern.de/englisch/…ny_schl.htm




|||



We spent 3 hours at Nymphenburg but that didn%26#39;t include walking around the park, it was too cold. We were able to see the palace, carraige musuem and hunting lodge. If it is a nice day try and spend time walking around the park.





FYI- If you plan on going to the Residenz, you need much more time. You could easily spend the entire day there between seeing the Treasury and the living quarters. Personally I would split the Residenz into a 2 day event, Treasury 1 day and living quarters the next.





Because we weren%26#39;t able to walk around Nymphenburg, it was a toss up to me which place, Nymphenburg or Residenz, I prefered. If I was visiting in Spring, Summer or Fall I would recommend Nymphenburg over Residenz. The Residenz has more history.

No comments:

Post a Comment