Thursday, April 19, 2012

Amsterdam or Berlin?

I have just found out that my travle time has been reduced. So now, I cannot visit both cities. I have been to Amsterdam before, loved it. However, I have never been to Berlin, so maybe go there instead!





What are the advantages of choosing Berlin as opposed to Amsterdam?





Thank You!!




|||



Since I have never been to Amsterdam, I cannot make an accurate comparision of the two cities. However, if you have already been to Amsterdam, I%26#39;d say go to Berlin.



I have visited the German capital on numerous occasions and I can honestly say it is a truly wonderful city. There is so much to see and do in Berlin that you could easily stay for a month and not get bored. Much of %26#39;tourist Berlin%26#39; is centred around the city%26#39;s part in World War II and its subsequent occupation and division by the victorious allied powers. There%26#39;s the Brandenburg Gate, the Reichstag building, Checkpoint Charlie and the East Side Gallery (a mile long stretch of the Berlin Wall which still stands in its original place as a memorial). Berlin offers numerous lakes and rivers and more bridges than Venice and Amsterdam put together. There%26#39;s even a make-shift beach on a lake in south-west Berlin called Wannsee.



As for entertainment, Berlin has it all. Clubs, bars, restaurants. There%26#39;s even a cinema on Potsdamer Platz that shows movies in their original languages. So if you fancy seeing an American flick, you%26#39;ll have no trouble understanding what%26#39;s going on!




|||



Just went to Berlin in May-it was marvelous.Have been to both and liked Berlin better.You can just feel the energy on the Ku%26#39;damm-main street.Really liked the history,seeing the sites,checking out places you see on TV.Would go back in a minute.Check out Kaiser Wilhelm Church on Kurferstandamm ST.-it was left in it%26#39;s bombed out condition from WW2.Go you won%26#39;t regret it.




|||



wow, sounds like i need to see Berlin!!




|||



My vote would go and check out Berlin too. While I have not been to Amsterdam, I had a great time in Berlin last year and would love to go back. The museums on the Museum Insel (Island) alone are worth the trip, especially the Pergamon Museum - it%26#39;s jaw dropping!




|||



Hemikiwi



As a Brit living in Amsterdam, if you have already been here then check out Berlin. I have a number of Dutch friends who prefer Berlin !!




|||



seems like i will be going to Berlin!!




|||



I am now going to both:)

No comments:

Post a Comment