Friday, March 30, 2012

to choose the area in berchtesgaden.

Could anybody advice me to choose the area to overnight at berchtesgaden. I%26#39;m not sure to choose the area because I want the area that convinient for me to travel to many place such as koinggsee, town center, ramsau church etc. Should I stay at town center or schonau? If I stay at schonau, do it too far from town center? It%26#39;s seem that when I go to other place, I must start at main station at town center. the guy who knows please tell me. thanks.




|||



Do you have your own transport? when do you travel?





Bob Lewis (Berchtesgaden Breaks)




|||



no,I don%26#39;t have. I will travel in October 2006. I will use the public transport.




|||



It%26#39;s been many years since we did an overnight in Berchtesgaden, so perhaps someone can give you more up-to-date information than I can.





I really don%26#39;t think you%26#39;d have a great problem staying in any of the areas; the buses run frequently. The main terminal for the buses is located at the train station and post office, located almost side-by-side in the area beneath the old town. From the town down to the main station is a quick bus ride or an easy downhill walk.





Both times we stayed in Berchtesgaden, we stayed at the Gasthaus Schwabenwirt, located just across the highway from the bus/train station, not much more than 100 yards. We, too, wanted to be near the spot to catch all the buses. The rooms were nice and the prices were reasonable. I%26#39;m not sure if there is a web site for the Schwabenwirt. The phone number is +49 (0)8652 2022; the e-mail that I have is info@schwabenwirt.de





I think it would be easier to wander about Berchtesgaden in the evening by staying in the center of town, but the Schwabenwirt is really convenient for the different buses.





Good luck.





W. A. Robison



www.warobison.com




|||



I used to live in Berchtesgaden and worked as the Hotel Operations Chief for the Armed Forces Recreation Center there. I lived in Strub, which is near the Youth Hostal.



If you are up to it the Youth Hostal is really nice and they have great meals. It is close to about everything you want to see.



Also, there are several very nice places on the Koingsee to stay.



I can give you more information at my Email address: james.carey@dfas.mil



Jim Carey




|||



very thanks to W.A.ROBISON and JIM CAREY.



Do the bus in b-gaden wait for long time? and do I have to wait at the bus stop or any place?. and do the bus fare have one day trip ?. and if I go to eagle%26#39;s nest do I have to book in advance or book in that day?



thanks.




|||



We%26#39;ve never been to the Eagle%26#39;s Nest, so I can%26#39;t offer any help there. The bus schedules can be found at the following URL:





rvo-bus.de/fahrplan/netzplan_berchtesgaden.h…





Many (but not all) of the buses have service every hour or so, but it%26#39;s best to study the schedules. Remember, if you are there in the off season, service will not be as frequent as in summer. On the website, you can check lines 840, 841, and 845 to see the schedule for many of the places you want to visit. You can get a complete schedule for the lines at a nominal cost at the RVO office (it was near the bus stops at the train station when we last used it.) When you use the bus to visit a place, be sure to check the schedule for the departure time so you don%26#39;t waste a lot of time standing at bus stops.





You can purchase a day ticket for all the bus lines on the route from the driver; it%26#39;s 8 euros for adults.





Good luck,





W. A. Robison



www.warobison.com




|||



to Robison..



thanks for your answer. you are very..very kinds to me. I will ask you more question. Is the day ticket cover of all the bus in b-gaden such as first I take bus no 840, then I get off and take bus no. 841, can I use the old day ticket of that day?.



I wait for your answer.




|||



ROBISON



I printed the pdf schedule of RVO-BUS no.840,841,845,846. But I confuse about the difference between bus no.846 and 845. Both go to Ramsau church and Hinter see. But I read your advice to use the bus no.846 to go to ramsau church. thus I will not think of the bus no.845 again.right.




|||



You can use the same day ticket on all the buses you take that day.





Line 846 goes to the Ramsaukirche bus stop. That is the one you want. It%26#39;s easier and less confusing if you just stick to these times.





E-mail me ( war at warobison.com ) to confirm your e-mail address and I will send more details.





W. A. Robison



www.warobison.com

No comments:

Post a Comment