Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Confused! !PLease Help!! Mitte or Ku'damm????

I will be in Berlin from 11th Of May until the 17th may.





I have never been to Germany before.





Do I stay in Ku%26#39;damm area or Mitte area?????







Help! I need to book a hotel soon..........





Really appreciate any help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




|||



Both areas are perfectly fine. If you stay in Mitte you probably have - depending on where you stay there - a lot of sights in walking distance. If you stay in the Ku%26#39;Damm area you have less sights in walking distance but will have it not far for a shopping trip.





Anyway, Berlin has a pretty good public transport system so it wont take you long to get anywhere in the city wherever you stay.





I personally find a lot of the restaurants in Mitte (especially in the touristy areas) overpriced and not always good. A lot of the ones on Ku%26#39;Damm itself are the same but if you wander in the side streets you%26#39;ll find nice ones with great food to fair prices.




|||



Thank You Berlingal. I am not there to shop at all but to see the %26quot;sights%26quot; and generally soak up what is %26quot;berlin%26quot;.





Excited about my first trip to Germany!!




|||



Hi hemikiwi



I stayed in Mitte in October last-I stayed in the Arcotel velvet- nice place- and have to say for all the major sites, it cannot be beaten. I stayed just off the Ku%26#39;damm the time before and while its a lovely area, there is more going on in the East and its easier to get to everything by foot, which is the best way to see a city.



You will love berlin. visit the Berliner Dom if you can.



Its beautiful inside and you can climb up onto the outside of the dome.



Have fun... gary.




|||



Cheers Gary!




|||



Try the Agon Opera Hotel off the Kudamm - good location, good eating nearby, good clean hotel excellent price

No comments:

Post a Comment