Wednesday, March 28, 2012

AirBerlin

Hi everyone.





I%26#39;ll be in Germany for the World Cup this coming June.



On my down time I%26#39;ll be visiting Rome.





Using AirBerlin, I booked a trip to Rome flying out of Nuremberg.





For my return, I want fly out of Rome into Frankfurt.





AirBerlin does not have flights on the date I want to return to Germany which is end of June.





Will AB add more flights as we get closer to June?






|||



Adding more flights is not easy. And even more to Frankfurt where it%26#39;s difficult to get a free slot at all.





Airlines like Lufthansa can increase the capacity to some extent by using bigger planes on some routes. Budget airlines are flying however with only one or two models. Thus this is not an option for them.





Don%26#39;t forget that Italy takes also part in the World Cup, i.e. the Italian fans will also use the budget flights to Germany.





You can try with other budget airlines to airports near Frankfurt:



Hahn



Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden



Cologne/Bonn



Stuttgart





http://www.whichbuget.com




|||



Blah...



Thanks for the heads up.





Yeah I%26#39;ve looked into other budget airlines already and saw that a lot of them don%26#39;t fly to Frankfurt but other cities in Germany.



I think is was EasyJet or Rynair that did this.





Would you suggest I book something flying into another city quickly?




|||



%26gt; Would you suggest I book something flying into another city quickly?



Yes.





Frankfurt International Airport has (like London-Heathrow) few budget flights. These airports prefer to use their rare slots rather for intercontinental flights. And their high airport fees makes them also not attractive for budget flights.





From Hahn there are shuttle buses (1,75 h EUR 12,00) to Frankfurt.



From Cologne airport travel time is even less - but much more expensive. The 300 kph ICE are not for free. Something else if you have a rail pass.




|||



Great. Thanks for your help.



I%26#39;m going to look into Rynair as they fly from Rome to Hahn on the date I%26#39;m looking at.





Last question I hope...





How far is Hahn airport from Raunheim?



That is where my hotel is.





Thanks again.




|||



Raunheim is between Mainz and Frankfurt International Airport.





Shuttle bus to Frankfurt International Airport needs 1,5 hours.



Other option would be shuttle bus to Mainz.



And the rest in both cases by S-Bahn.





DB timetable



http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en



From: HHN Airport



From: FRA Airport



To: Raunheim Bahnhof (or any bus stop in Raunheim)





The DB timetable does only know about the shuttle buses to Mainz. Not about the ones to Frankfurt International Airport.



Via Mainz will be slightly cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment