Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Christmas in Munich

My sister and I (20 something college students) will be spending Christmastime in Munich. I expect everything to be closed, but I was wondering if any locals know of places that will be open Dec 23, 24, or 25.



We will be staying at a hostel, so I am sure they will be able to assist in directing us places, but I would like to know what to expect ahead of time.



I read a previous post in which user %26quot;seybothph%26quot; gave a lot of great information about transportation and such, so it is not necessary to repost that again, thank you for the info!




|||



On Dec 23 everything will be open as it%26#39;s just a %26quot;normal%26quot; working-day. -just a *little* bit more crowded as usual.



But I guess museums and exibitions will be quite empty because everybody is christmas-shopping.





If you want lo leave on 24th there might be some problems. Only a limited number of bars is open and often open quite late 21 or 22 o%26#39;clock. I%26#39;ve not decided where to go and not inquired the opening hours yet.





If you got some more specific questions don%26#39;t hesitate to ask.





Philipp




|||



You might find more places open on the 25th rather than the 24th, since the Germans usually have their family evening and gift exchanges on Christmas Eve. I think all the cultural places will likely be closed, but many restaurants and bars will be open. The Augustiner Bräustuben on Landsberger Straße is usually open on Christmas day and I believe there is a hostel on that street as well. Can%26#39;t think of the name but it%26#39;s not far from the train station. Some of the non-German places will be open on Christmas eve, but I wouldn%26#39;t come all the way here for them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment