Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Accommodation for small group of discerning travellers in...

Hi, I have been tasked with organising accommodation for a small party of colleagues (15) to Berlin, for 4 days, for business (mainly!!) in early summer. We are all in our 40s and most of us like good food, museums, relaxation and similar and we are not keen to stay in huge hotels or very rowdy neighbourhoods. Can you please tell me which areas I should avoid? I was told that I should look for hotels in the Unter der Linden area, is that so? Any help would be hugely appreciated!




|||



Unter den Linden is close to business (to the south) and fun (to the north and east)- but also rather expensive.



Hotels on Gendarmenmarkt offer great views - e.g. Hilton. Dorint Hotel is a designer place accorhotels.com/accorhotels/fichehotel/de/so…



In West Berlin there are some smaller design hotels like



brandenburger-hof.com/pages/hotel_frame.htm.



our corporate guests stay in these hotels - I am not so familiar with less expensive ones I am afraid.




|||



We were in Berlin this year for business and found Mitte area to be excellent.Plenty of museums restuarants and cafes.An up and coming trendy area.You are within walking distance to checkpoint charlie, berlin wall,the crosses, etc.etc there are also some great 5 star hotels you can stop and have pre dinner drinks in.Shopping is also excellent.




|||



My husband and I were in Berlin last week. We stayed at the Hotel Kempinski in the Ku%26#39;Damm area. It was fantastic and highly recommended for the discerning traveller.

No comments:

Post a Comment