Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Need advice

I want to spend two days in Bavaria%26#39;s nature but I don%26#39;t know which is the best city or village to go or whre to stay. I need some help and I appreciate if you give me the name of web sites to look.



Is it too difficult to reach there from Vienna? I want to stay 3-4 days in Vienna and then in Bavaria.



Thank you a lot




|||



Closest to Austria if coming from Vienna and one of the nicest spots in the Alps:





Berchtesgaden/Lake Königssee



http://www.berchtesgadener-land.info




|||



Hallo Silver,



I am from Athens, Greece, too and I am planning to go to Bavaria. Why don%26#39;t you stay in Munich? It%26#39;s a big city with lots of sightseeing and if you rent a car you can also visit Oberbayern where some magnificent castles are located.



Useful sites: www.bayern.de , www.munich.com, www.wissen.de (Some useful info but I am not sure if it is in English or just German)



hope I helped you




|||



Bavarian nature is quite diverse. If you are thinking about seeing mountains and castles, Berchtesgadener Land is a good option. I find the so-called %26quot;Fränkische Schweiz%26quot; a very nice area, too, with a lot of small villages amidst 30m-high rocks and smaller mountains. It is further away from Vienna though. Staying in Munich might be a good idea, too, for the public transport will bring you to places like Starnberger See, where some nice walking is possible, too.




|||



You can inquire about train transportation on either of two websites:





http://bahn.hafas.de/bin/query.exe/en





http://www.oebb.at/vip8/oebb/en/index.jsp





Unfortunately as the train ride crosses borders you will not be able to get the price without both.





Wien (Vienna) -%26gt; Salzburg on OEBB





then





Salzburg -%26gt; ? (Muenchen, Fuessen, Berchtesgaden) on Bahn.





It is about 4 hours to Salzburg.




|||



http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en



1st class fare is 106.00 €, 2nd class fare is 67.80 € + 3 € for a reservation if desired

No comments:

Post a Comment