Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Phone cards

Going to Munich and Fussen over Christmas and was wondering what is the best phone card to use in Germany to call Australia and other countries. Should I buy one before I go(I live in England) or just wait until I am in Germany? I have looked at quite a few websites but I thought someone might have some advice for me. I will be using a public phone probably.




|||



I usually buy a phone card issued by the Deutsche Telecom, to call intra German, Inter Europe and the States. You can buy them in various denominations. Any newsstand usually has them. You then just use one of the public phones that say %26quot;Kartentelefon%26quot;. You can watch the phone to see as the remaining minutes disappear!




|||



Using Deutsche Telekom Phonecards at public phones is probably the most expensive way to call abroad (exept from Mobiles). The Minute price for European calls is around 60ct per minute. You will habe a *much* better price buying a callthrough-card using FreeCall numbers. I%26#39;m sure you can buy such a card easier in GB. In Germany it%26#39;s not too present in shops, usually they are sold online.







Philipp




|||



Thanks for the info, I ordered a phone card online after reading your relplies. Looking forward to our trip around Bavaria over Christmas.




|||



beware though that some callthrough cards use freephone numbers that cannot be accessed from public payphones(I have such a card), and might be blocked in some hotles(though rare).




|||



Another method: Open Call-Through



foxyphone.tarife-fuer-ferngespraeche.de/



(In English, this site gives also the normal tariff when caliing from a public phone.)

No comments:

Post a Comment