Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Brushmaker at Christmas Markets

I know this is a little off the normal path, but I am looking to get the address or email of a brushmaker. We were over over a few years ago at some of the christmas markets and purchased a couple of pilser glass brushes, these were the best brushes for doing baby bottles. I would like to get some replacements. These were natural bristle brushes with wood handles. Any help would be greatly appreciated.




|||



I am still looking for some help if possibe.





Thanks




|||



I read your post and then when passing by the Stuttgart Christmas Market I inquired for a business card at a stall selling brushes and housewares. You can contact Wehl Leitern Holzwaren, Wagnerstrasse 11, D-73574, Iggingen, Germany. Tel. and FAX: (0)7175 90 90 70. I put the 0 in parentheses because this is probably not necessary for calling from the US. Use your internatonal call access number and the Germany prefix 49 before this number. The wife speaks English and they will be gone in January. I don%26#39;t know whether they take credit cards as this is probably your only realistic way to pay.





I particularly like the long narrow brushes for reaching the bottom of the stem of champaigne glasses. Another option for purchasing brushes is to get them from a US scientific (chemical) supply house or a local business catering to medical supplies.




|||



Thanks for your Help again ! I hope he has what I am looking for, if not maybe he can point me to another briushmaker. It is nice to see the craftsmanship in the simple things like a brush.




|||



I was at the Stuttgart Christmas Market again this morning and got another address from a brush booth. This one also has an e-mail address: http://www.naturbuersten-versand.de/ . Their business card reads: Naturbuersten, Buerstenhandwerk, U. Minatel, Hauptstrasse 54, D-67806, Bisterschied, Germany. Telephone: 0 63 64 71 48. Fax: 0 63 64 17 50 00 0. The same advice as before for these numbers. Talking to the man in the booth, they sell brushes at eight of Germany%26#39;s largest Christmas Markets.

No comments:

Post a Comment